Stop Overthinking the Healthy Lifestyle.

Posted on December 09, 2019 in: General News

Stop Overthinking the Healthy Lifestyle.

There are so many ways to become healthy nowadays. The real question is, what is the right way? How do you know if it’s the right path or how do you know if it’s even going to work? The internet, or even other people, have so many opinions about how this is going to work for you. So what’s the answer? It’s simple, there isn’t one answer.

There are a million diets and there are a million workouts out there. This will never stop changing, there will always be new fads. There is one thing that all people who are healthy and have achieved this success have in common. They enjoy their food and they enjoy their workouts. It’s not a hassle and they never feel like they are starving themselves, or breaking their back every week in the gym. They find a plan that works for them and they find a workout routine that they enjoy every week, month and year.

Now to be honest, yes there are going to be different ways to accomplish your goals and some routines might be better than others. However, this is for you to test out and see what you like best. My suggestion is to try all different eating habits and workouts for the first year and see what you like. If you don’t know where to start, then I suggest finding a local certified personal trainer, or health coach,  and set up a meeting. Most of the time, these types of consultations are complimentary! You probably have a least one friend, or family member, that can probably help you start this journey, or they might even have a personal trainer that you could meet.

In my experience with over 100 clients I have worked within my career is teach an 80/20 lifestyle. Meaning, teach them how to be good with their workouts and food 80% of the time, and the other 20% of the time, indulge a little. Now, unless someone is trying to compete in bodybuilding or some type of intense athletic competition, then this will work for the majority of the population. The key to being successful with a healthy lifestyle is simple, ENJOY yourself. Don’t wake up everyday already hating your meals or workouts. It will never last. I can almost guarantee that if you find something you like with your food and workouts and focus on the positive aspects of your journey, then it will most likely effect your life in a positive way.

 “Health is a state of complete harmony of the body, mind and spirit. When one is free from physical disabilities and mental distractions, the gates of the soul open.” – B.K.S. Iyengar


Signup For Email News